The Ethics Helpline is intended to encourage any individuals, including Employees, to report suspected or actual occurrence(s) of any illegal, unethical or inappropriate events, behaviours or practices that they may witness or be made aware of, without fear of reprisal or retribution.
The program includes reporting of the following items:
- Drug or alcohol use in the workplace
- Harassment or intimidation by employees or clients
- Any type of illegal or illicit activity
- Inappropriate use of company assets or services
If you feel that any of the above situations are present in your workplace, you have the right to report the activity while maintaining anonymity and protection under the following policy guidelines:
- The individual may choose to report the event either anonymously or through providing his/her identity.
- The individual shall receive no retaliation or retribution for a report that was provided in good faith within the scope of the law, without malicious intent and so long as it was not made for the purpose of damaging the reputation of another individual or the organization.
- The individual who makes a report that is not done in good faith is subject to disciplinary action that under certain circumstances may result in termination.
- Any individual who retaliates against an individual who reported an event in good faith will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Crimes against person or property, such as assault, rape, theft or other criminal activity should immediately be reported to the nearest law enforcement agency.
- Any manager of the organization who receives an incident report shall act promptly to investigate and/or resolve the issue.
- The identity of the individual, if known, shall remain confidential to those persons directly involved in applying this policy, unless the issue requires investigation by law enforcement.
- All reported incidents shall be communicated and resolved using the Company’s prescribed procedures.
- All reported incidents will be documented and logged.
- Following an investigation, each reported incident will be assessed and managed for the appropriate action to be taken.
Regardless of the incident, all communication will be made in confidence, within the scope of the law.
Always remember you can make the difference in providing an ethical, secure and safe work environment for everyone.